The Cavalli Beach House Retreat and Salt Air offers guests the excitement of Helicopter Sightseeing Tours departing and returning from the beach in front of the house.
TOUR ONE: Cape Reinga VIP Heli Tour
The initial stage of the tour consists of a 1-hour flight up to Cape Reinga via Northlands spectacular harbours, such as the Whangaroa Harbour and the Rangaunu Harbour. We also pass across some beautiful beaches such as Coopers Beach, Doubtless Bay and of course the famous Ninety Mile Beach. There is the option of stopping on Ninety Mile Beach if the client wishes. From Ninety Mile Beach we then fly inland where we land at our airfield which is only 20Km from the Cape Reinga lighthouse.
Once on the ground the vehicle tour of the Cape Reinga area will begin. The vehicle tour is also a private tour and is for an unspecified time but usually takes approx. 3 hours. The tour includes the Cape Reinga Lighthouse, Tapotupotu Bay and the Te Paki stream with its giant sand dunes; (we have sleds available for those who wish to slide down the dunes).
When the vehicle tour is complete we arrive back at the airfield for a short flight over the stunning Parengarenga Harbour and Great Exhibition Bay heading down the east coast to land at Henderson Bay for a full lunch. This area is very remote and without a doubt one of the most beautiful places in New Zealand with it’s pure white Silica sand and crystal clear water.
From Henderson Bay the flight back to the Bay of Islands includes spectacular scenery such as the Houhora Harbour, Whangaroa Harbour and the Cavalli Islands prior to returning to Cavalli Beach House. Enquire about additional options to go quad biking or horse riding at Henderson Bay.
Departure times 9.00 or 10.00am, returning at client’s leisure
Flight time: approx 2.0 Hours
Note : Total time away during the day is 5-6 hours.
Max number of passengers: 5
Full Picnic Lunch and beverages included
TOUR TWO: Heli Wine Tasting Tour
Experience a delectable selection of Northland wines at vineyards in locations spanning the Far North of New Zealand combined with amazing coastal and scenic views during your helicopter transfers between the wineries. An unforgettable wine tasting tour of boutique wines, gourmet food and stunning scenery.
Your itinerary will include:
- Depart from our Cavalli Beach House on a stunning east coast scenic flight up to Karikari Peninsula
- Land at Carrington Resort then transfer to Karikari Estate for your wine tasting platter hosted by their sommelier with a tour through their cellar and barrel hall.
- Helicopter transfer from Carrington Resort across to Ahipara located at the start of 90 mile beach landing at Waitapu Estate Vineyard
- Wine Tasting with the winemaker in the Cellar Door at Waitapu Estate Vineyard
- Helicopter transfer to Ake Ake Vineyard in Kerikeri, Bay of Islands.
- Relax and enjoy your fully guided Ake Ake vineyard tour, wine tasting and 2 course lunch
- Road transfer back to Cavalli Beach House Retreat
Duration: Approx 4.5 hours. Depart approx 11am.
Extra wine and beverages purchased at each vineyard must be settled with each vineyard directly.
Enquire with Carrie for availability and pricing.